The early stages of dating can be confusing, but knowing how to keep impressing your girlfriend after you have made things “official” is just as important. It can be challenging to know how to show your girlfriend appreciation and keep her interested!
Thankfully, there are plenty of options. If you are struggling to think of ideas, don’t worry—check out this extensive list of cute things to do for your girlfriend at home, out in public, or from afar.
Cute little things to do for your girlfriend
While grand gestures and expensive gifts are great, sometimes you don’t have the time or money to splash out. Luckily, there are plenty of cute little things that you can do for your girlfriend that is quick, easy, and cheap, yet great at letting her know that you are thinking of her!
- Leave notes in unexpected places. Cute notes will brighten your girlfriend’s day when she finds them, whether they are a simple “I love you” or something more inventive.
- Make her a packed lunch. It will remind her of you on her lunch break.
- Hold her hand. Girls usually love this, especially in public.
- Touch her arm or shoulder. This is a surprisingly intimate gesture.
- Put a picture of her as your cell phone wallpaper. Most women love knowing that they are special to you and that they are the first thing you will see when you open your phone.
- Tell her that you thought of her while you were apart. She will love to hear stuff like this!
- Pay her a compliment. Compliments are great at making her feel loved and appreciated.
- Play with her pet. Girls love guys who are good with animals. Seeing their boyfriend playing or cuddling their pet can make a girl’s heart melt.
- Spend time with her friends and family. It not only allows her to spend time with all of her favorite people in the world but also shows that you are interested in spending time with them.
- Let her pick out an outfit for you. Most girls will have an opinion on how you look best, even if they keep it to themselves. Asking her to style your appearance can be a fun activity, as well as introduce you to new looks!
- Hug her. The simplest and easiest gesture of affection, there are many reasons to hug your partner!
- Kiss her on the hand or forehead. Women love to be kissed in these places.
- Keep her hydrated. Taking her a glass of water, especially on a hot day, shows that you care.
Cute things to do to your girlfriend to relieve stress
From periods to work stress, many things make life hard for women. If you are wondering what to do for your girlfriend when she is on her period or stressed, there are plenty of sweet things you can do to take care of her (and earn you brownie points!).
- Run her a luxury bath. There is nothing better to come home to than a warm bath with candles and a luxurious bath bomb.
- Give her a massage. Massages are great for relieving aches and pains. Using a heating pad can provide extra relief.
- Give her a foot rub. Physical touch is proven to release stress-relieving hormones, and foot rubs are a cute way of doing this.
- Brush her hair. Brushing a girl’s hair is an often-overlooked gesture that shows care and attention.
- Do household chores for her. While you should be doing your share of the chores anyway, when she feels stressed, it can be a nice gesture to do a little extra!
- Do that DIY task that needs doing. It is always lovely to take a weight off her shoulders.
- Take her for a walk in the park. Fresh air can do wonders for stress relief.
- Get her a spa treatment. Leave the pampering to the professionals and let your girlfriend enjoy all the pampering!
- Listen to her telling you about her day. Paying attention to what she says shows that you are caring and allows her to vent the frustrations.
- Give her some space. Sometimes having someone fussing over you can increase stress! Giving her space to relax on her own for a bit is the best.
- Teach her mindfulness exercises. Mindfulness meditations are great for stress relief.
- Take a nap together. As an alternative, let her take a nap while you take care of some chores!
- Buy her a sex toy. As Marvin Gaye said, sexual healing can cure many ailments! A gift with a bit of a buzz can be surprisingly effective in relieving stress, especially when you aren’t there to help in person.
Cute and romantic things to do for your girlfriend
Most women dream of being romanced. If you are looking for romantic ways of showing your love, there are many things that you can do. While some cost money, there are plenty of romantic gestures that won’t break the bank!
- Bring her flowers for no reason. It is a cliche, but many women love receiving flowers, either by delivery or given in person.
- Make a booking in a nice restaurant. Sometimes there is nothing more romantic than dinner for two at a classy restaurant.
- Cook a romantic meal. If your wallet can’t handle the strain of an expensive meal out, you can make things just as nice by preparing a meal at home with love.
- Curl up on the couch with her and watch a romantic movie. There are plenty of classics to choose from!
- Write her a poem. You don’t have to be the next Shakespeare to express your feelings through the power of words.
- Write her a song. If you can sing or play an instrument, combining the poetry of lyrics with music will surely make her heart melt.
- Tell her she is attractive. If you can’t write a song or poem, you can at least let her know she’s sexy!
- Draw or paint her portrait. If you have artistic talent, a flattering picture can be incredibly romantic.
- Give her a pet name. A cute nickname is an excellent way of showing affection—just make sure it is a flattering one!
- Feed her strawberries. Bonus points for dipping them in melted chocolate.
- Light candles. Candles are an effective yet simple way of making any activity more romantic.
- Scatter rose petals around the bedroom. This is a classic for a reason. Flowers, especially roses, represent love and beauty.
- Book a hotel room for two. Romancing your girlfriend with candles and rose petals can often have erotic consequences at the end of the night. Certain activities are more intimate and romantic in a nice hotel room instead of a shared house or apartment with thin walls!
Cute things to do for your girlfriend over text
Good texting skills are still needed after you have started a relationship. A cute text or paragraph for your girlfriend while she is at work or in class, will remind her that you are thinking of her!
- Text her good morning and goodnight. When you are in a relationship, your partner is often the first thing that you think of when you wake up and the last thing before you sleep. These texts show her that you are thinking of her too!
- Tell her what you like about her. Being specific about her traits—not just physical—that you especially appreciate usually goes down well.
- Ask her a question. One of the best parts of the early stages of dating is finding out everything that there is to know about the other person. There are many questions that you can ask your girlfriend that can bring you both closer.
- Tease her. Playful teasing about appropriate things can be very endearing.
- Tell a joke. If you know her sense of humor (which you probably do), a good gag—or a terrible one—can brighten her day!
- Pretend you texted one of your pals the following: “I really like *insert girlfriend’s name here*, I’ve never felt like this about anyone before!” Follow it up with “oops, wrong person!”
- Send cheesy pick-up lines. Not only can these be funny, but they also remind her that you are attracted to her.
- Send emojis, GIFs, and stickers. You can even play the “emoji game,” where you make a whole sentence out of emojis, and she has to guess what it says!
- Play Would You Rather? This game can be revealing as well as hilarious!
- Play 20 Questions. This is another classic game you can play over text.
- Arrange a date. It’s not just asking her on a first date that can require a carefully-constructed text. Even if you have been dating for a while, putting effort into asking her out is good.
- Text her after a date to say you had fun. A text that lets her know that you enjoyed seeing her is guaranteed to put a smile on her face! Even if you live together and head back home with her instead of parting ways after the date, this text can still be a sweet thing to receive.
- Send her naughty sexts. Whether you live far apart or one of you is at work, a sexy message can keep things spicy!
Cute things to do for your girlfriend just because
Sometimes you just want to do something sweet just because—there doesn’t have to be a motive or a special occasion! If you are looking for cute surprises for your girlfriend, here are some excellent options.
- Surprise her with tickets to her favorite show or musician. Enjoying a good concert or show together always brings couples closer. If you surprised her with the tickets, even better!
- Cook her her favorite comfort meal. You don’t always have to go with fancy gourmet cuisine and candles. Sometimes curling up on the sofa with a plate of favorite comfort food is just what’s needed.
- Bring her sweet treats. Chocolate and ice cream are usually good picks.
- Make her a cup of coffee without being asked. Bonus points for a muffin or cookies.
- Take her on a picnic. When the weather is nice, why not go for a picnic in the park or a local nature spot?
- Buy her new pajamas. We spend many hours of the day (sometimes all of it!) in our pajamas, yet many people don’t usually buy them for themselves. Buying her nice pajamas can show her that you care about her comfort.
- Organize a party for her. Make sure to invite all her friends!
- Take her to the place you first met. You could even recreate your very first date (assuming it went well)!
- Surprise her with a scrapbook. Photos, ticket stubs, etc. in a scrapbook can evoke powerful memories.
- Dance with her. You don’t have to go out to a nightclub—a slow dance in the kitchen can be very romantic.
- Take a picture of her. This can be great new Instagram material!
- Adopt a pet together. If you have the time and space to look after a pet, why not surprise your girlfriend with a trip to the local rescue shelter?
Cute things to do for your girlfriend online
The internet can help us with almost every aspect of our daily lives, and dating is no exception! Whether you met your girlfriend online or offline, you can use the internet for a variety of fun activities to keep things exciting.
- Have a movie marathon. Taking a day off to show each other your favorite movies can introduce both of you to new flicks you might not have considered before!
- Like and comment on her Instagram pics. A compliment in person is nice, but girls especially love it when you’re not embarrassed to do this publicly.
- Create a Facebook post about her. Show her and the rest of the world what she means to you!
- Send her things you think she would like. Whether it is a funny video or a great track, let her know you are thinking of her.
- Tag her in memes. This is how we flirt in the 21st Century!
- Make her a personalized music playlist. If you are struggling to find the words to express how you feel about her, there are probably songs that express it better than you could!
- Make her a CD or cassette tape. If you want to go retro, a physical tape or CD can be more personal than a Spotify playlist, and you can even add artwork!
- Take an online quiz. Comparing quiz results will help you to get to know each other better, and it can be a fun way to pass the time.
- Send an e-card. Whether it’s Valentine’s Day or any other occasion, sending an e-card can be a lovely gesture.
- Make a shared online photo album. A shared album that you can both access can be great at preserving important memories for you both.
- Create a joint Pinterest account. A collection of things that inspire you both can be a great way of learning more about each other!
- Send Snapchats. It is a great way of sending photos and videos of things that she might find entertaining and is a more secure way of sharing images of a more intimate nature.
- Make a photo manipulation. Add your faces to a famous movie scene, or create a poster or a meme with your selfie. Don’t forget to write a witty caption. Good giggle guaranteed!
Cute things to do for your girlfriend on her birthday
If you are wondering how to surprise your girlfriend on her birthday, there are plenty of options. Aside from buying her gifts (obviously!), there are plenty of sweet things that you can do on her special day!
- Give her a homemade gift. A gift made from scratch can be extremely personal.
- Create a handmade card. If you aren’t crafty enough for a homemade gift, a cute or funny store-bought card can be just as good.
- Sing Happy Birthday. Don’t just wish her “happy birthday,” sing it as you mean it!
- Bring her breakfast in bed. You can’t go wrong with hot cinnamon rolls and fresh coffee. And if you decorate the breakfast tray with a flower – a massive bonus for you.
- Bake her a cake. A homemade cake can be even nicer than a store-bought one, and you can decorate it however you like.
- Plan a surprise party. This one takes some collaboration with her friends or family, but it can be fun if done correctly!
- Use personalized decorations. Why not try decorating a room with balloons with her name on?
- Give her a personalized photo. Pick an especially good shot of the two of you.
- Make a treasure hunt. This can add a fun twist to opening birthday gifts.
- Plan a getaway together. Whether you go somewhere for her birthday or gift her a getaway in the future, a couple’s holiday can be a brilliant birthday gift.
- Give her sex coupons. These can be a fun novelty gift and a flirty way of letting her know that you owe her something special. Just make sure she doesn’t open them in front of the family!
- Try that thing she always wanted to try in the bedroom. You know, that one. What better time than her birthday to try something adventurous!
Cute things to do for your girlfriend long distance
Many of the things on this list require close physical proximity—thankfully, there are also plenty of sweet things that you can do for your girlfriend long-distance.
- Call her often. Frequent contact is vital in maintaining a relationship, and hearing your voice is more personal than texting.
- Have a video chat. What’s better than hearing your partner’s voice? Seeing their face!
- Arrange virtual dates. Though you might not be able to have a physical date, you can still dress up nicely and share drinks or a meal over a video call.
- Plan a holiday together. If you’re in a long-distance relationship, you probably spend a lot of time thinking of what you will do when you see each other next. Why not turn this into an activity and plan a fantastic vacation together over the internet?
- Start a listening party. Some sites and apps let you listen to your favorite songs together in real-time. Browse your mobile app store and set the time for the music party with your girlfriend.
- Invite her to an online game. You can even gift her games on sites like Steam.
- Send her a gift. Whether it is expensive or not, sending a gift is a lovely gesture.
- Send her a care package. A gift box of little things she likes, like candy and toiletries, can really make her day.
- Send her an email. Sometimes you want to let her know how you feel in a longer message than a simple text—an email can seem less fleeting.
- Write her a love letter. If you want to go all out, a physical love letter can be even more romantic than an email!
- Make a list of what to do when you see each other. Having things to anticipate when you reunite physically will keep the excitement in a long-distance relationship. Sending her a list of these things is guaranteed to make her smile.
- Pay her a surprise visit. However great these long-distance activities are, nothing beats seeing your partner in the flesh! With careful planning, you can brighten up an empty day for her by paying her a surprise visit.
While there is no “one size fits all” method of showing a girl that you care, there should be plenty of ideas on this list that your girlfriend will love! There are many ways to make her feel special, but the most important thing to remember is to be an attentive and respectful partner to her at all times.