A relationship doesn’t survive on love alone. It requires conscious effort from two willing partners. So, if you imagine a relationship based on fairytales and movies, you will be disappointed when reality sets in.
For a relationship to work, it takes a tremendous amount of effort and acceptance. A relationship is an unwavering commitment to another person, regardless of the circumstances.
This collection of quotes on effort in relationship will inspire you to step up and keep your relationship stable despite all the adversities.
Inspirational quotes on making an effort in a relationship
For a healthy relationship, you and your significant other must work together. Yes, a new relationship is always exciting, and falling in love is one of the best feelings. You desire each other, and it seems like nothing else matters. However, feelings change over time, and even you change. Eventually, you might start taking your relationship for granted.
Just because you plant a tree does not mean it will bear fruit. You must tend to it. These inspirational quotes on effort in relationship will remind you how much effort is needed to keep a relationship healthy and strong.
1. “Relationships take time and effort; they’re not always like the fairytale they start as. Finding your soulmate isn’t the hard part; staying together is.” – Neha Yazmin
2. “Creaking doors take time to open because they have been cracked, broken, and unmaintained for quite some time. Opening them is irritable when you have to push them through the squeaking. There is a reluctance on the part of such doors to be opened again. But you have to keep on making efforts, pushing them but handling them with carefulness, oiling them, and doing maintenance work to bring the essence back to normalcy.” – Unknown
3. “If you put the time and effort into a relationship, it will last forever.” – Moses Gazman Mukhansi
4. “Relationships are a daily effort, not an occasional observance.” – Vishwas Gautam
5. “It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.” – Jillian Michaels
6. “Love and translation look alike in their grammar. To love someone implies transforming their words into ours. Making an effort to understand the other person and, inevitably, misinterpret them. To construct a precarious language together.” – Andres Neuman
7. “Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance, and appreciation.” – Buddha
8. “The falling in love part is easy. It’s the keeping it together part that takes consistent choice day after day. To do the work. To show up for your partner and yourself. It’s not that relationships are hard; it’s that they require effort. Choose to make one.” – Mark Groves
“there is a difference between
someone telling you
they love you and
– Rupi Kaur
10. “Understand the value of a good relationship. It is not only proclaimed, but also worked on.” – Unknown
11. “We have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment unless there is loyalty unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West
12. “Love is not really a mystery. It is a process like anything else. A process that requires trust, effort, focus, and commitment by two willing partners.” – Elizabeth Bourgeret
13. “Just because we are deserving of love does not mean we are excused from the work that’s required for a relationship to thrive.” – Unknown
14. There are a lot of “relationship goals” but no “relationship effort.” – Unknown
15. “The secret to life; one can only see clearly with the heart. Anything that is essential is invisible to the eyes. How much time and effort you’ve spent on someone or something is what makes them so important.” – Michael Krol
16. “A relationship requires a lot of work and commitment.” – Greta Scacchi
Quotes on striving for an ideal relationship
What does an ideal relationship entail? It is certainly more than kissing and holding hands. A relationship is genuine when it stands strong through all the fights and disagreements. To make your relationship perfect, you must put out a consistent effort. Researchers found that the amount of effort one puts into a relationship is associated with stability and overall satisfaction.
Love, compassion, adjustment, understanding, and acceptance are the pillars of a healthy relationship. These quotes on an ideal relationship will inspire you to strive for it.
17. “I’m going to share everything that’s yours. Everything, including your sadness, happiness, and despair. So don’t hide because things are tough. Make sure to leave my share.” – Unknown
18. “Even if all you can give me is misery, I’m up for it. I’m fine as long as we’re in it together.” – Unknown
19. “So, it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be tough. We’ll have to work on this continuously, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” – Unknown
20. “We don’t learn to love each other well in the easy moments. Anyone is good company at a cocktail party. But love is born when we misunderstand one another and make it right, when we cry in the kitchen, when we show up uninvited with magazines and granola bars, in an effort to say, I love you.” – Shauna Niequist
21. “I never cared about the material things a man could give me. I cared about his time, attention, honesty, loyalty, and effort. Those gifts mean more than anything money could buy.” – Unknown
22. “It’s important to marry somebody who is your equal, and to marry and be with somebody who wants you to win as much as you want them to win.” – Michelle Obama
23. “You should date a man who’s willing to put in the effort for you, not a guy who makes you wonder if you should make the first move.” – Unknown
24. “There’s no perfect relationship. All relationships are work. If you put in the work, you’ll reap the rewards.” – Jesse Metcalfe
25. “I think of relationships as having a safe place with someone where you are, and making an effort to show up every day to see them and feel seen, especially as an actor when you’re already pretending to be other people all the time. It’s an incredible gift to feel seen by one person: a culture of two.” – Maggie Grace
26. “Be with someone who will take care of you. Not materialistically, but take care of your soul, your well-being, your heart, and everything that’s you.” – Unknown
Relationship quotes on making continuous effort
A true relationship relies on the continuous effort two partners put into it. It’s the small things that you do for each other. In a relationship, the effort involves paying attention, being there for your partner, and doing your best to keep it going. These quotes on effort in relationship will motivate you to build a stronger bond with your significant other and create a firm foundation for your relationship’s future.
27. “In relationships, the little things are the big things.” – Stephen Covey
28. “Don’t give up at the first signs of friction: only through clear communication, flexibility, and willingness to adapt can you find a relationship that will weather the storms of life.” – Tom Miles
29. “The only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” – Unknown
30. “Stay faithful to your relationship and sit down each day to express your gratitude to each other, or write your love a short and tailored thank you note, appreciating the little things.” – Unknown
31. “No man on earth is perfect, but when he shows effort in keeping you happy, acknowledge it!” – Unknown
32. “If someone believes you are worth the effort, they will make the effort.” – Kevin Darné
33. “You know what’s attractive? Efforts. When someone actually puts in the effort to see or talk to you, that’s attractive.” – Unknown
34. “In today’s world, options are everywhere. It takes a great effort to stay faithful, continue to honor your commitment, and do the work it takes to keep your relationship strong.” – Jane Greer
35. “Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.” – Jim Roh
36. “If someone really wanted you, they’d actually put some effort into getting your attention and making sacrifices for you. They wouldn’t just tell you they want you; they would show you in every little way possible that they want you.” – Unknown
37. “I want to make this person happy. That’s what I was thinking. For the first time in my life, I wanted to make someone else delighted. And I believe that their happiness will also make me happy.” – Unknown
38. “While thinking of how much you can do for that person, what you can sacrifice, and what you can put on the line, you feel as though you can do anything if it’s for that person.” – Unknown
39. “There is no flawless relationship. There will always be struggles. You just have to pick who you want to struggle with, and who you want to put an effort for.” – Unknown
Sayings on lack of effort
Ever wondered why relationships fail? Just because there was insufficient love? No, relationships end because people stop trying and expect things to work out on their own. You need to understand that two individuals form a relationship. Those people are different. They have different perspectives and preferences, and it will always be tough for them to be on the same page. These sayings will encourage you not to stop putting effort into a relationship with your boyfriend or girlfriend.
40. “Sometimes, when you stop putting in the effort, a relationship or friendship just ends, and you realize it was just you alone, trying to make it work.” – Unknown
41. “You can’t just give up on someone because this is not ideal. Great relationships are not great because they have no problems. They are great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work.” – Unknown
42. “Relationships end too soon because people stop putting in the same effort to keep you, as they did to win you.” – Unknown
43. “If you tell her you miss her and you want to be with her, but you don’t do anything to prove it, you’ve already lost her.” – Unknown
44. “A no-effort relationship is a doomed one, not a great one. It takes work to communicate accurately, and it takes work to expose and resolve conflicting hopes and beliefs. It doesn’t mean there is no “they lived happily ever after,” but it’s more like “they worked happily ever after.” – Unknown
45. “You have to work on relationships. You can’t just walk out on them every time something goes wrong.” – Unknown
46. “They say true love is all about timing. Do you know why people say that? Only those who are brave can get the timing right. If one misses all the chances they had and didn’t fix things, it means their feelings weren’t strong enough.” – Unknown
47. “If you don’t try to reclaim the timing that was lost, it means you lack courage or didn’t care enough.” – Unknown
48. “Do what you did in the beginning of the relationship, and there won’t be an end.” – Anthony Robbins
49. “You may not be pushing me away, but you’re not fighting to keep me either.” – Unknown
50. “People put so much effort into starting a relationship and so little effort into ending one.” – Marina Abramovic
Quotes on one-sided efforts in relationship
A single person’s efforts cannot sustain a relationship. It is a two-way thing, and you both need to take responsibility. It may become tiring if you are the only one who puts effort into a relationship.
51. “Even a friendship needs an effort from both sides. How can we expect a relationship to work from the effort of one!” – Unknown
52. “If only one side makes all the sacrifices in the name of love, that’s the beginning of misery. One person is miserable because they have to make sacrifices, and the other is miserable because they feel guilty.” – Unknown
53. “I don’t want a one-sided relationship. I want a relationship where both sides always put effort, time, and love into making things last.” – Unknown
54. “You must make an effort to appreciate what you have, who loves you, and who cares for you because you’ll never know how much they mean to you until the day they are no longer beside you. Spend lots of quality time with the people you love. Someday you will either regret not doing so, or you will say, I’m glad I did.” – Melchor Lim
55. “Stop putting effort into those who show no effort towards you. There’s only so much you can do before you are wasting your energy and time.” – Unknown
56. “We swore to never change. I thought that we’d never change. I thought the two of us were enough. Who is the bad one? The one that has changed or the one that couldn’t?” – Unknown
Relationship quotes on equal efforts
Doesn’t it feel amazing when your partner reciprocates your efforts? No, I am not talking about taking extra effort. Instead, a stable relationship is when you both try to keep each other content and respect each other’s choices. This collection of quotes on effort in relationships will highlight the significance of equal endeavors and remind you what is the most important in love.
57. “Many people believe that once compatibility exists in relationships, everything else will flow naturally since being in love doesn’t require anything strenuous, but that’s when the trouble begins. A good lasting relationship comes from effort and working through differences because everything in the natural state of life is prone to change.” – Tee Thomas (Fearless Lines)
58. “Healthy relationships… Let’s not forget it’s you and me vs. the problem… NOT you vs. me.” – Steve Maraboli
59. “What keeps a relationship everlasting?”
“Equal efforts.” – Unknown
60. “The good relationships are the ones where you have two people with mutual feelings putting in mutual effort with a mutual goal in mind.” – Unknown
61. “You have to work things out when you get married. Two people are raised by different sets of parents. They lived in two different worlds for years. How can they be hand-in-glove overnight?” – Unknown
62. “I wanted to believe in your promise, love each other, and be cheerful together. But that means you and I will have to work too hard for each other. The efforts needed for me to not let you go and your efforts to protect me.” – Unknown
63. “No relationship works without making an effort. That goes without saying. But you should never overcompensate.” – Sonam Kapoor
64. “The extent to which two people in a relationship can bring up and resolve issues is a critical marker of the soundness of a relationship.” – Henry Cloud
65. “Building relationship is a long process; each brick counts.” – Tabitha Marie
66. “Always remember that someone’s effort is a reflection of their interest in you.” – Unknown
67. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
68. “This happiness may be fleeting. We may break up. We may be glad forever. We may break up and get back together repeatedly. The possibilities are endless, so we can’t be sure of anything. But we plan to love each other completely today.” – Unknown
69. “In a relationship, there must be affection, consideration, adjustment, self-denial, and yielding; not to conquer but to live happily.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
70. “If everything ended there like a movie, our life would’ve had a joyous ending. However, at times trouble finds us. We fight. We get disappointed. Some days, we hated each other. But we understand each other more. We are more thankful. We love each other more. And we also have happier days.” – Unknown
71. “It’s not the beauty alone, but the small beautiful efforts taken for each other.” – Unknown
72. “There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other and start fighting for each other.” – Dave Willis
73. “A perfect relationship is not perfect. It’s just that both people never gave up.” – Unknown
74. “A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other.” – Unknown
75. “If your affection is not reciprocated or your relationship is uneven, how will you be able to stay together and get along?” – Unknown
Let this quote collection serve as an inspiration to strengthen the bond with your partner. But first, you must accept that no one can guarantee a lasting relationship. Genuine love is like a wave; sometimes, it floods everything and then ebbs. Don’t give up just because things are difficult. Instead, be patient, put in a little effort every day, and your relationship will grow stronger than ever.