Spending time together just relaxing in each other’s company is one of the best parts of being in a relationship. However, sometimes you can get tired of just hanging out doing nothing, and your girlfriend can get bored too. Do you want to do something fun with your girlfriend, but can’t think of anything? Here is a list of one hundred ideas to choose from!
Romantic things to do with your girlfriend
When it comes to keeping the spark alive, there are plenty of romantic activities to enjoy together as a couple. For bonus points, feel free to accompany any of the following with gifts of flowers and chocolate.
- Take a luxury bath together. You don’t have to have a fancy hot tub or jacuzzi to share a comforting soak in the suds.
- Take a sunset walk with her. Walking as the sun is setting can be gorgeous and peaceful, but women are less likely to feel comfortable walking alone after dark. Why not accompany her so she can enjoy it too?
- Learn massage techniques together. Learning a new skill together can be a lot of fun, and she’ll love you for this one.
- Take tango classes together. Dancing together with your girlfriend can be one of the most enjoyable ways to spend an evening.
- Start a campfire in the yard. Imagine sitting out together, toasting marshmallows on a summer evening.
- Lie outside on a blanket and look at the stars. If you know anything about constellations, you can impress your girlfriend with your knowledge.
- Take her to a planetarium. If you don’t have a clear view of the stars, why not visit a planetarium together?
- Visit a local museum or art gallery together. If your girl is interested in learning about history and culture, this can be a great date.
- Take her to a drive-in movie theater. A movie theater is the classic date idea, but a drive-in theater can be even more romantic and offer a new experience.
- Take her for a late-night drive to the beach. If you are lucky enough to live close enough to a beach, why not go for a stroll on the sand when it’s dark and peaceful?
- Adopt a pet together. If your girlfriend is an animal lover, this can be a great way to make her day —just make sure you can look after a pet long-term!
- Hire a tandem bike. Cycling together is not only great exercise, but can also be a cute date. Sharing a tandem bike is even more romantic.
- Take her for a walk in the rain. Walking in the rain is usually avoided, but it can feel very liberating as long as you can get dry afterward.
- Pick flowers together for home decor. Not only is this an excuse for a walk in nature, but it also helps you decorate your home.
- Make love in every room. Just make sure there are no other people in the house first.
Creative things to do with her
Creative pursuits can really bring you closer to one another. Some of these ideas involve materials and equipment, while others can be done with no supplies.
- Have a face painting session. A face painting set can be bought for just a few bucks from arts and crafts stores.
- Write each other a poem and then swap. All you need to show your love for her is a pen, paper, and your imagination.
- Start your own vlog. Couples’ YouTube channels are all the rage. Whether you get famous or just have some fun together, this can be very rewarding.
- Paint each other’s portraits. Show each other how you look through each other’s eyes.
- Fill out an adult coloring book. Adult coloring books are a great way to have a good time together without leaving the house.
- Make a scrapbook. What could be a more romantic couple’s activity than documenting your relationship and treasured moments together?
- Write a song together. If one or both of you has a musical instrument, writing a song together can be highly fulfilling.
- Make homemade decorations. Home decor is often expensive and impersonal. Why not make your own homemade crafts? It will be cheaper, reflect your personality, and be a fun indoor activity.
- Write a couple’s bucket list. Why not spend an evening thinking of all the things you would love to do together one day?
- Do some flower arranging in the yard. If you are lucky enough to have a yard that you can decorate, flower arranging can be a great way to spend time together outdoors.
- Plan your next couple’s Halloween costumes. Even if Halloween is a long way off, costume planning can be a lot of fun.
- Build a piece of furniture together. If you have some DIY supplies and skills, why not build a coffee table, chair, or other furniture with your girlfriend?
- Try upcycling together. If building furniture from scratch sounds a little advanced, decorating and repurposing an existing piece of old furniture can be just as satisfying.
- Make each other mixtapes. Of course, creating Spotify playlists is pretty easy. To make things extra special, why not record and decorate a physical mixtape or CD for each other and swap them?
- Take a life drawing class together. If your girlfriend is a budding artist, life drawing classes can be an excellent gift, and you can compare your drawings at the end.
The way to a girl’s heart is often through her tastebuds. Cooking your girlfriend a special meal is a cute gesture, but sometimes treating cooking as a shared activity can bring the two of you even closer together.
- Make pancakes and toppings together. Pancakes are one of the most fun dishes to make as a couple, and toppings can be savory (e.g., bacon) or sweet (e.g., ice cream).
- Make sushi together. There are many different sushi dishes to choose from, so why not be adventurous?
- Cook a pizza and choose toppings together. Homemade pizza is a blast to make, whether you use a pre-made pizza base or knead your own dough. Why not bake one pizza each and compare them over a glass of wine?
- Have a burrito night. If your girlfriend loves Mexican cuisine, a burrito night can be tasty as well as fun.
- Prepare a traditional Sunday roast dinner. A Sunday roast is a time-honored English tradition, and you can choose from a variety of vegetables and meats.
- Plan a bake sale together. If you love baking together but don’t want to fill up on pastries yourselves, why not plan a bake sale?
- Visit a farmer’s market together. You can find all kinds of organic, homegrown food at farmer’s markets. Visiting them on the weekend is undoubtedly more fun than a typical supermarket.
- Try growing your own vegetables. If you really want to feel like you are in touch with nature, planting vegetables together can give you some delicious homegrown food.
- Host a dinner party together. Sometimes you want to share your culinary skills with others. Inviting a couple of friends or family members or for a dinner party is a classic couple’s activity for a reason!
- Go fruit picking outdoors. Although you should avoid picking fruit from people’s private property, you may be surprised how much you can find in public areas and nature trails.
- Test different aphrodisiacs together. Certain foods are either proven or rumored to increase the sex drive. Why not test each of these foods out together and see what happens?
- Try a “progressive meal.” Put a different twist on the traditional dinner date! Visit one restaurant or cafe for your starter, enjoy your main course at a different establishment, and treat her to ice cream or another dessert somewhere else.
Fun things to do on a budget
Running short on funds? Not to worry! There are plenty of fun things to do with your girlfriend that won’t break the bank. In fact, most of these things are completely free!
- Dress each other up in drag. Swapping each other’s clothes for an evening can be a great way to make her laugh. You can even let her style your hair and apply makeup too if you’re extra brave.
- Plan a themed board game night. A board game night is a classic date, but why not make it your own by dressing up as the characters while you play Cluedo or playing Monopoly with treats or favors instead of money?
- Have a costumed karaoke competition. Karaoke is a great way to have fun on the cheap, as there are plenty of free karaoke backing tracks online. Dressing up as your stars of choice using household clothes and items can make it even more exciting.
- Build a fort in the living room. Instead of taking a tent outside camping, why not simply make your own fort in the living room together? Just leave out the “No Girls Allowed” sign.
- Learn to dance at home. All you need to learn to dance is some floor space and access to the thousands of free YouTube tutorials that can teach you classic dance styles or the latest Tik Tok moves.
- Sort through items to donate to charity together. Sometimes you need to clear out unwanted household clutter. Instead of being an annoying chore, doing this together can actually be a fun way to pass the time.
- Make a 3D jigsaw puzzle. Instead of a traditional jigsaw puzzle, a 3D puzzle can be much more fun for couples to tackle together.
- Check out thrift stores or bookstores together. If you love shopping but don’t have much to spend, thrift stores can be full of hidden treasures for meager prices.
- Go to a playground after dark. Why not bring out your inner children? After dark, playgrounds are likely to be empty, and the two of you can play on swings, slides, and seesaws together.
- Take her to an animal shelter. Even if you don’t have the money or space to own a pet, visiting an animal shelter will give your girlfriend the chance to meet and play with cute furry friends.
- Go for a relaxing drive with her favorite music on the stereo. The simple act of driving in lovely scenery can be peaceful and romantic. When combined with her favorite tunes, this is one of the most underrated cheap date ideas.
- Try volunteering together. Volunteering can be extremely fulfilling and doing so with your girlfriend can make it even more enjoyable and worthwhile.
- Go on an IKEA sightseeing trip. IKEA stores are popular for couples and families to visit. Even if you can’t afford to buy anything, exploring the exhibits and planning your future dream home can teach you a lot about each other.
- Build kites and fly them together. Flying kites is one of the best things to do on a windy day, and homemade kites are cheap and not too difficult to make.
- Team up to take on a crossword or sudoku puzzle. Puzzles such as crosswords and sudoku can be great ways to use your combined brainpower as well as relaxing.
Fancy things to do with her
Sometimes you feel like pushing the boat out a little. If you are looking for more luxurious date ideas, these treats can really make her feel special.
- Stage a photoshoot together. Hiring a photographer to take professional snaps of the two of you is a great way to spend time together.
- Go bar-hopping. Going out on the town to sample different bars is one of the most fun things you can do as a couple on a Friday or Saturday night.
- Set up a cocktail bar at home. If your girlfriend loves fancy cocktails but prefers a night in to a night out, why not buy ingredients and make different cocktails at home? You can even both get dressed up and make a real occasion out of it!
- Go to a local stand-up comedy show. Instead of watching the latest stand-up specials on Netflix, checking out comedy in your local area can be even more entertaining.
- Check out a new local musician or band. If music is more her thing than comedy, you may be surprised how many great artists are playing in your local area.
- Book a hotel just for the night. Sleeping away from home can be a romantic adventure. Why not share a luxury hotel room for one night, just for fun?
- Take her on a luxury shopping spree. If you are lucky enough to have plenty to spend, your girl is bound to love you for taking her on a shopping spree to her favorite fancy outlets.
- Explore your hometown as tourists. Living in a town can often mean you end up ignoring interesting sights that are right under your nose!
- Go ballroom dancing. Ballroom dancing is one of the most romantic and elegant ways for a couple to spend time.
- Take a trip to the theater. If you want to be extra cultured, why not get dressed up to see a show at your local theater?
- Go on a wine tasting tour. Give her the chance to indulge her inner sommelier on a classy vineyard tour.
- Go for a day at the races. A day at the races is not just a chance for the two of you to dress sharply—it can also be exhilarating to watch the sport.
- Take her on a city break. If you have a weekend to spare, visiting a new city and soaking in the culture can be an excellent mini-vacation idea.
- Have a home SPA night. You don’t need to go out to pamper your girlfriend. Why not invest in some luxury spa products to use together at home?
- Have oysters and champagne night. Why not indulge in some gastronomic pleasures and have a night of luxury treats at home? Order a box of fresh oysters, chill a bottle of sparkling and dress up for the occasion. Candles and soft background music are mandatory.
Thrilling things to do with her
Is your girlfriend the adventurous type? If you are looking to get her adrenaline pumping on a date, these ideas are great for thrillseekers.
- Go skydiving together. Skydiving is one of the most exciting things you can do, and a couple’s tandem skydive is also pretty romantic.
- Go mountaineering together. Taking a hike together is surprisingly intimate, and climbing a mountain will reward you with stunning views at the top.
- Try wild camping. Camping out in the wild can be much more exciting than staying at a campsite.
- Take up badminton together. Racket sports like badminton are ideal hobbies for couples.
- Check out an escape room. Escape rooms are all the rage and will test your ability to cooperate with each other.
- Learn figure skating together. You don’t have to be the next Torvill and Dean to have a wonderful time skating as a pair.
- Try online workout videos together. If you struggle to get motivated to try home workouts alone, tackling them as a couple can help you to support each other.
- Ride a rollercoaster. Theme parks are very popular, but not everyone will have the guts to ride the biggest rollercoaster. Why not give it a go as a couple?
- Go bungee jumping. Nothing helps build trust better than a tandem bungee jump.
- Try out white water rafting. One of the most adventurous sports out there, white water rafting is an excellent choice for thrill-seeking couples.
- Go skinny dipping. As well as making sure others can’t see you, the important thing to remember when skinny dipping is to avoid water with strong currents.
- Go zorbing. In case you haven’t heard of zorbing, it involves rolling downhill inside a giant inflatable ball. It’s just as fun and crazy as it sounds.
- Take her to a skate park. Skating is not only a good exercise but can also be a brilliant bonding experience.
- Go indoor rock climbing. While climbing rocks outdoors can be dangerous and requires buying equipment, indoor rock climbing centers can allow you to climb together safely and easily.
- Go go-karting. Go-karting is extremely fun and guaranteed to give both of you an adrenaline rush.
- Explore an abandoned building. The important thing to remember is to make sure the building is safe and no longer in use, but this can be a real shared adventure if this is the case.
Fun things to do long-distance
Just because you are not with your girlfriend in person, this doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of fun things you can do together! You can use video calling software to keep in touch and share any of these activities.
- Have a virtual movie night. You don’t have to be on the same couch together to watch your favorite movies at the same time.
- Talk with your girlfriend while taking a walk. Agree on the time that suits both of you and go for a walk while talking on the phone with each other. It is not the same as a romantic walk holding each other’s hand, but it is a creative way to spend some time together in a long-distance relationship.
- Cook the same meal together. Choose a recipe and each cook your own version of it at the same time. This is an excellent way to spice up your meal routines.
- Watch your favorite artist in concert together. Instead of a movie, why not find your favorite concert film or live performance on YouTube and watch it at the same time?
- Read stories to each other. Reading aloud to your partner can be very intimate, and she will love hearing the sound of your voice.
- Plan your future dates. Just because you aren’t together now, this doesn’t mean you can’t spend an evening planning your dates for when you reunite. This gives you both plenty to look forward to.
- Correspond with letters. Although texting and instant messaging are much more convenient, the art of writing and sending a love letter can be a lot more special.
- Play drinking games. You can play plenty of drinking games over a video call, such as Would You Rather and Battle Shots.
- Take online quizzes and compare results. There are loads of online quiz sites where you can answer quizzes and compare your results with hers.
- Go exploring on Google Street View. Why not explore somewhere together virtually over video call? You can even choose your next vacation spot.
- Find your dream home. Although househunting can be stressful, using online property sites to window-shop for your dream shared home can be a lot of fun.
- Play Truth or Dare. If you don’t know how to play this classic game, we’re not sure what to tell you!
Now you have plenty of ideas to give you inspiration for your next date. Choose the activity that your girlfriend will love the most and have fun together!